14 February 2011

Valentine's

I am behind on this 365 project, but that is ok.  Today's will be short as it is 9:25pm, the kids are asleep and wine is being consumed.


There is a certain stigmas to the commercialized, Hallmarked, traditional Valentine's Day, but I choose to look at it with a view of appreciation for what I have.

I am blessed with love.  I have a husband who has been with me for over half of my life.  He has seen my at my worst, my best, my most humiliated and my most scared and stood by me.  He allows me to be myself above all.  He helped make our beautiful, amazing children.  He believes in me.  He lets me gets chickens (even if he is not too sure about it).  He loves me fiercely and unconditionally.  He is an amazing Dad. 

My friends are like my sisters.  I am so happy to have them in my life.  I know that they are true friends and will always be there, not matter what the distance.

I am thankful for this life, this human existence.  I am thankful for my experiences, the good and the bad.  I am thankful for lust, for love, for romance, for passion, for being able to feel.

Happy Valentine's Day.  Love who you love without fear.

No comments: